Nothing hurts more than when we have put ourselves out there, only to find out we’ve been being used. The person who is using us definitely sucks as a human being, but did we set ourselves up for failure? There are things that we can do to help prevent someone from using us. Here are 5 ways not to be used.
1) Believe in patterns not apologies. We have all heard the old adage actions speak louder than words. It is sooo true! If someones actions hurt you, makes you question yourself, or make you feel more lonely than if you were alone, do not keep that person in your life!
2) Don’t fall in love with potential. People are who they are. We as women especially, can fall in love with someone’s potential. Remember a leopard doesn’t change it’s spots. You cannot excpect someone to change or be better.
3) Believe in red flags. Trust your gut! Also trust the people who love you! If the people closest to you take issue with someone in your life, remember these are your ride or die’s. They are not trying to harm you, but protect you.
4) Know your worth. If you undervalue yourself, it makes it easier for others to do the same. Know how valuable, amazing, and special you are! Do not ever let anyone make you forget it.
5) Don’t lower your standards. Never lower your standards for anyone. No one is worth that sacrifice.
At the end of the day, we cannot control the actions of others. We cannot blame ourselves for their behavior. But we can safeguard ourselves from being mistreated.
Until next time………