If you are in a relationship on Valentine’s Day, it is a time to remember all of the reasons you are together. It is a cute and happy holiday. However, if you are single you might not be so excited for Valentine’s Day. But being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to lock yourself away or not enjoy the day.
Your mood and outlook about Valentine’s Day is up to you. So choose to enjoy it! Here is a list of things to do on Valentine’s Day when you are single.
1. Sign up for a subscription box. Find something that you love and find a cool subscription box geared towards it. Single swag is one of my favorites! https://www.singlesswag.com/
Another one of my favorites is Ipsy. If you are a makeup lover definitely treat yourself to this! https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=ppage_ref&sid=link&refer=uog94
Stitch Fix is the absolute best if you are looking to shake up your wardrobe. I have been ordering boxes from them for about 2 years. Spoil yourself for Valentine’s Day. Use this code and get $25 toward your order. https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/danieleschreier?som=c&sod=w
2. Babysit for a couple who rarely gets a night out. Me? I love being the cool Auntie. Hang out with your nieces and nephews for the evening. I never feel more loved then when I am with those children!
3. Throw an Anti Valentine’s Day Party. Take a page out of Jessica Biel’s book from the movie Valentine’s Day. Get together your single friends and have a blast. Surely you are not the only one who is spending Valentine’s Day. Why not make it fun?
4. Pamper yourself. I myself always love a good massage. A facial or pedicure will do too!
5. Enjoy an indulgent night in. Light some candles, take a bubble bath, have a glass of wine, and enjoy some chocolate.
6. Remember all of the reasons you love being single. While you normally love being single, you can get swept up in the loneliness of being alone on Valentine’s Day. DON’T! There are so many things that are awesome about being single. Take a minute to remember them. For example, I love being able to book a trip and get on a plane without checking in with anyone. I love being able to watch Netflix and chill with my dog whenever I want.
7. Love yourself. Just because you are single (on Valentine’s Day no less) doesn’t mean you are unlovable. You are amazing, remind yourself of that. Above all else practice self-love.