We all know those people who ask inappropriate questions. When are you going to have kids, why aren’t you two married yet, and wait for it… why are you still single.
First off, let me point out that by using the word still in the question it makes it seem like there is something wrong with being single. That it is a condition that needs to be rectified. Somehow, it makes the question even more offensive.
Yes, the question with or without the word still is inappropriate. Unfortunately it is hard to avoid all nosy and/or rude people. Here are some of my favorite responses to the question why are you still single?
- I’m in a passionate love affair with myself.
- Not everyone can handle fabulous
- My bed only has enough room for me and my dogs
- I don’t know, why are you still married
- Because I would rather have a significant income than a significant other
- I’m just lucky I guess.
- I’m not single, I’m in a long term relationship with fun and freedom
- Getting into a relationship seems like a good idea, but so did getting on the Titanic and look at what happened there.
- I’m single at heart
- Because no company is better than bad company.
Now, remember as annoyed as we singles are by this question, rarely does the person asking mean any harm. Odds are they do not even realize that they are being rude. The important thing is to not let it bother you. Being single is amazing and liberating! Revel in your freedom.
Check out Celebrities Talk Single Life And Why They Love It http://Check out Celeberties Talk Single Life And Why They Love It